I was born in Eugene, Oregon October 4th, 1946 and graduated from the University of Oregon in 1974 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, with minors in Economics and Philosophy. Several years latter (1989 -1990) I attended one year graduate school psychology counseling at Lewis and Clark University in Portland. In 1990 I received my Oregon Real Estate license and in 1997 my Hawai'i Real Estate license RS 56711. It has not been continuous and my primary reason was to experience a closer connection to the land and the Real Estate markets. I am currently employed with Hawai'i Commercial Real Estate, where I have focused on listing and marketing Oahu apartment buildings.
841 Bishop Street, Ste 2008, 808-441-9257, Jamie Brown Principal Broker.
1) Hearin Forest Industry (1974 - 1979) Portland, OR): Inventory controller. After one year was transferred into domestic sales, wholesaling truckloads and rail carloads of plywood. Mentored in exporting by Joe Hearin and domestic sales by second owner Jim Wright. Participated on limited basis with plywood futures trading. Commission income $36 - 75K per year.
2) Ridgewood Forest Products (1979 - 1984, Wilsonville, OR): A partnership business with Larry B and silent partner Chuck M. Established a successful domestic plywood wholesaling and reloading business and started a branch office in Sacrament, CA. Commission income $36-75K
3) Maduff & Sons (Portland, OR 1984-1985): Commodities Futures Representative and Basis Trader. With another office trader we were authorized to spend up to $8M in plywood and lumber futures and cash markets. (Income ?)
4) Wood International Corporation (1985-1988, Portland, OR): Exported plywood and douglas fir and southern pine lumber to Western Europe. Traveled throughout Western Europe extensively. Commission income $225,000 per year.
5) Over the next ten years while working on my own Mico LLC entrepreneurial projects, I worked part time at least once on special projects for each of the three wood product companies: Hearin, Ridgewood and WIC.
6) Mico LLC (1989 - 2016). I began my own business by selling products that were turning gray in mill sales yard. My primary product has been Douglas fir flooring www.douglafirflooring.com . I sold douglasfirflooring.com to 2016 to Kevin Franklin and I now consult and help with sales and marketing on a part time basis.
Other Interests and Activities
1) DeMolay 1962 - 1964
2) University or Oregon 1968 - 1974
3) The Gurdjieff Work 1980 - 1989
4) Buddhism 1985 - present
5) Tai-Chi 1980 - present
6) Taoism 1980 - present
7) Yogananda/Hinduism 1983 - present (off and on over the years)
8) Chi-kung 1990 - present
9) Yoga 1997 - present
10) Masonry 2007 (initiated 2007 and never active)
11) The Mission North Shore (Church): Boo Boo and I have been attending Sunday services in Waimea Valley for 8-9 months.
12) YouTube - 2021 - present. Channel name is, Mac Lewman or Chi kung Meditation Hawaii. Or, mac808